Date: January 19, 2016
General Session: 12 Noon to 1:30 PM
Location: Webcast (Free)
Interested in Continuing Compliance Education™, CLE or CPE (A & A hours)? Attend via the RCA’s Online University (On Demand) — free for Practice Edge Elite Members
In this course, the Senior Fellow and speaking faculty will discuss the findings in the executive search firm’s 2015 Alternative Asset Management Market Data Report. The data represent total compensation for various executive positions in the compliance, legal, risk. JW Michaels & Co. also specializes in accounting and finance and information technology areas. JW Michaels compiled this data based on completed placements made by the company in 2015 at its offices in New York City, Parsippany, NJ, Houston, TX and Chicago, IL. Candidates were placed with clients located throughout the United States and the positions were not limited to JW Michaels’ office locations. The report presents compensations grouped by size and type of firm as well as by job title. The goal of this report is to educate session participants on the current compensation levels to help firms in the alternative asset management field hire better candidates and to aid executive job seekers in making better informed career decisions.
Students will master the following at the conclusion of this session:
- Define the various terms used in the report, specifically with respect to firm size and position title
- Discover the ranges of compensation of AAM firms based on firm size, type, and position title
- Distinguish between compensation levels at larger firms versus smaller firms
- Differentiate executive compensation between firm verticals, including: compliance, legal, risk, accounting and finance, and IT
- Apply the information in the report to future hiring practices and job search strategies
Walter Zebrowski, JD, CPA, Principal, Hedgemony Partners
Chairman, Regulatory Compliance Association
Senior Fellow from Practice:
Jason M.E. Wachtel, Managing Partner, JW Michaels & Co. and Compliance Risk Concepts (CRC)
Mitch Avnet, Founder & Managing Partner, Compliance Risk Concepts
David Sawits, Vice President, Head of Legal Recruitment, JW Michaels & Co.
Adam Gantt, Executive Recruiter, Risk & Front Office, JW Michaels & Co.