- Contract Compliance Trends: Optimizing Technology and Outsourcing
September 18, 2019
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
** Due to the holiday weekend, this course has been moved to September 18th at noon**
Contract compliance does not tend to garner sufficient attention compared to regulatory compliance, however the risks of contractual breach can be severe. Firms should establish protocols, checklists and processes to maintain compliance and periodically re-assess how to improve those systems by being vigilant on the latest trends in legal technology and alternative legal service providers. Traditionally, both technology and legal service options were limited (in-house, or law firm). Today, the growth of innovative legal technology and rise of alternative legal service providers present opportunities for optimizing contractual compliance efforts. By understanding the available options and current trends, firms can develop flexible systems that provide cost-effective solutions for heightened compliance.
- Articulate contractual compliance risks.
- Distinguish between traditional and alternative legal services providers along key dimensions (methods, pricing, quality, speed).
- Differentiate between traditional and innovative legal
- Identify current trends in implementing technology and outsourcing for compliance.
- Determine what to outsource and to
- Integrate above insights to develop contractual compliance system.